Sunday, June 24, 2007

Dilemma, Help wanted Please

Hiya girls a quick question...

I have offered to make an album for someone grandson, he was premmie and she wants to have pics from birth until now, he is four...

Now my question is should i chose a certain number of printed papers in different patterns ect but make sure they all blend or should i go with the flow and chose papers to match the pics....

my figuring of the same blend (different colours) so that i can repeat the themes thru the whole album with the least amount of fuss and bother...if i use chipboard shapes, ribbons, alphas and rubons i should get a decent album...

What are the thoughts from you girls...i am open to any suggestions as i want it to be fantastic....

Please leave comments or email me with your suggestions...thanks so much in advance:)

While im here i may as well make a quick post...

I am so proud of my daughter...she doesnt like her hockey coach as he doesnt speak nicely to the kids and she basically told him she wasnt playing hockey for him because she didnt like the way he spoke to her and the other kids...

now i dont condone this usually, i believe that the kids should respect the person trying to teach them something however i let her go because at training on Wed night for one he wouldnt give her ball back to her,,,,she had to chase him and then her and her brother wrestled him to get the bag of balls away from him, after which as she went to run off he stuck his foot out and just about make her fall on he face...he must be nearly 17 and she is 11. Not very fitting behaviour for a coach i didnt think! He then went on to tell some of the other kids at hockey on saturday that he is doing his best and that all they do is muck around and dont listen to him...he makes them run laps and yells at them for this....i feel it is the age and that he needs the maturity to understand that kids especially girls are like this....i also feel he may be better off teaching a higher grade of hockey if he feels they dont listen to him...

Am i naughty to encourage my daughter do you think? LOL i dont cause i was never confident to stand up for myself and am only now learning to so i say GO GERT!!!

We had a meeting with her teacher the other day and basically Zoe has come along way, she is more confident and has the ability to focus on her work now whereas last year she was a total blonde LOL...we are so proud of her. Partly i feel it is because she has to organise herself alot more this year as my hours have changed and i am not home to get the kids ready every single day....i also feel her confidence and ability has come from the fact that her brother is no longer at the same school...maybe???

Okay im trying to post a photo of some icicles but the comp is being a pain so i shall come back to that....

I want to thank all of you girls who visit my blog and leave comments, it is lovely to read them...there are some girls for whom i cannot leave comments but know that i do pop in and read your blogs...thanks for sharing your news:)

Take care stay warm on this darn cold sunday :)

5 comments:

Kim said...

Charmaine, just thought I'd drop in and say hi. I always read your blog but I am a very slack commenter - I blame bloglines LOL! There can't be any right or wrong answers to your dilemma - go with the flow I reckon and have fun doing the album. Your friend will love it whatever you do!

Megan said...

Hi Charmaine,

I would get a heap of papers that match and use them throughout the album. Maybe you can convert some of the photos to black and white to use with the papers that don't necessarily match the colours in them. Just an idea :-)

Not sure what you should do about the coach either. If he is making the kids chase him and wrestle him for their balls, then he sounds like he is mucking around just as much as he says they are! I don't think I'd class that as him doing his best....

Good luck with it all!
Megan xx

Mardi said...

Hi Charmaine.... I had a lovely catch up read this morning... sounds like you have been busy!!
...as for your dilemma...I think Id stick to a coordinating album ...it will flow through nicely...and makes scrapping easier too...
Mardi x

Karen said...

I guess my preference for an album would be to choose a selection of coordinating papers and use them with different embellishments throughout the album. I think this gives a sense of continuity and unity to the album and it also makes choosing elements for your layouts that much simpler.
I'ts hard for kids to respect someone who doesn't demonstrate that they deserve it. We've brought our kids up to think and not just accept everything they're told. So it's not surprising that they question directions when they don't believe in the person giving them.

Charmaine said...

Thanks for your comments girls...its nice to get feedback,,,,welcome to you all for popping in...thanks:)

You have all helped me along the path to matching...I didnt think of B&Wing them Megan....that might be good for the *baby baby* newborn ones...i dont want to go all pastelly and pretty id rather it scream *BOY* lol if you know what i mean:)