Saturday, December 03, 2011

Awards and Achievements

We are So very proud of our boy!
He had his High School Graduation on Thursday the 1st of December 2011.

He walked away with an Academic Achievement Award for English Pathways, which means he got the highest grade for that subject, apparently. His prize for this was a $50 book gift voucher, which he would like me to exchange for cash as i am the book lover not him:)

He also received the Agriculture and Horticulture Award presented by the Central Irrigation Trust and was also awarded a $250.00 scholarship cheque.
In this prize included a book about Irrigation Settlement in the Lower Murray Areas. That was quite interesting, there was a section of Cobdogla and the Humphfrey Pump which is a one of a kind pump in the Southeren Hemisphere or the world, im not sure. I know my Dad voulunteers at the Cobdogla Steam Museum and he would LOVE to read this part of the book im sure.

So out of his 3 subjects he received awards for two. We had no idea and neither did he that he was getting anything apart from his Year 12 Certificat of Attainment.

So this now means he is 18 years old and an official school leaver! Oh my where the heck did that time go.

I still SO remember his first day of school. It was Term 3 of 1999. He was a tiny 6 year old.

His uniform was Navy pants and top. He wore his gorgeous little workboots. I remember seeing him off and thinking "Oh, these 7 years will go take forever" How wrong i was! I have tears in my eyes thinking of how fast the time has gone by and i cant help but think that i didnt manage to grab every opportunity to spend with my two kids that i could have.

We have moved into the teenage years now with Leigh 18 and Zoe 16. She is driving on her Ls now. I just feel so sad at how fast they have grown but i am sure every parent feels the same.

If i had my time again i think i would spend more one on one time with each of them.

They have turned out to be amazing young adults that Darrel and I are very proud of, although on thing i would change if i could would be their language. They swear far too much for my liking. Im not saying i dont swear because i do, albiet not as much as them. I think it is terrible but anyways, they are old enought to guide their own views and habits without me nagging them:)

I will find some pics of my boy growing up and put one or two in this post when i have time:) A gentle reminder:)

No comments: