Monday, June 25, 2012
Balance!
Ive been giving this word a lot of thought lately. I am continuously trying to find balance so i can be happy.
I guess when you are unhappy you don't feel balanced and I myself, get stressed. The stress brings on my anxiety and then i just feel like shit. However, I am very happy to say that i think i have found the BALANCE! I feel so good about my life, I feel that I am managing it rather well and this makes me happy.
Daz and I have had many discussions about why i am sad, why i need to have every thing so perfect, why i cant just leave the housework and do what I want rather than what i have to!
He keeps trying to tell me that all that is important is TO BE HAPPY! Doesn't matter what it takes (within reason) then that's what you should do. If you are unhappy you need to change something, find balance!
So guess what! I am slacking off with being perfect and its not even killing me like it used to, sure the dishes don't always get done, the house isn't always tidy and even now the front verandah is absolutely disgusting, we are in the middle of renovating it and usually i would be so stressed about the mess and the fact that its not clean and it is TOTALLY TOTALLY messy, and you know what? I close my eyes to it every day, (not literally as i could fall over something haha)
I'm enjoying time spent in my craft room again. I used to go in there, look around, feel overwhelmed at all that i could do in there but i had no idea what to play with so i would just turn around and walk out again, feeling dejected.
If the kids don't bring the washing out, not my problem. They don't want to eat what I cook, stiff, get your own, their room is a pigsty and is totally feral, doesn't bother me. Actually it bothers me if they have company and its messy!
I don't expect them to do anything around the house, so there is now no pressure to hound them to get them to do the above mentioned stuff. If they do then its a bonus, and i must say my daughter does far more than the son, but isn't that always the way?
Now this balance thing has really got me thinking.
So much so that i have decided, well am seriously thinking about it, getting a tattoo with it on my foot. I would like it inked in my handwriting. There is more than the one reason for this.
The double meaning is about when i got really sick, i actually lost my balance for quite some time. I also found that if i was stressed, having anxiety attacks, didn't eat well or exercise or if i drank too much coffee that my balance would just be out of reach. It would come and go, and along with this i would get nausea and slight vertigo.
So there you have it. My reason for Balance!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment